Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Quote (I'm on a roll, guys)

You know that feeling you get - when you watch a movie after a long, long time and you realise that there was something new you didn't notice before? Or perhaps you did, but you did not understand it in the way you do now? Well.. I'm in that situation. And for that, all I can do is quote those lines from one of my favourite movies, Meet Joe Black.


Joe Black: I don't care, Bill. I love her.
William Parrish: How perfect for you - to take whatever you want because it pleases you. That's not love.
Joe Black: Then what is it?
William Parrish: Some aimless infatuation which, for the moment, you feel like indulging - it's missing everything that matters.
Joe Black: Which is what?
William Parrish: Trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings, and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love.
Joe Black: So that's what love is, according to William Parrish?
William Parrish: Multiply it by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse of what I'm talking about.

No comments: