Thursday, June 07, 2007

BRB!

Ever just sat there staring at the screen whilst a friend or an acquaintance of yours went on typing and typing in the chat window? And you just felt so incredibly bored that you find the cracks on your wall more interesting than them? Yeah.. Happens to me on a daily basis with a lot of people.

A classic example:

Me: Hmm..
Person: i knwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dats wht i thot 2.. bt i cdnt be bovrd to say nething. i mean how hrd is it to to tell sum1 u luv dem?
Me: yeah.. (Completely unamused)
Person: so i tld her dat she needz to srsly tell dat guy she got anoda man........ its unfair to da otha 1
Me: Okay..
Person: i dunno y bt i tink she is vry cunfuzd... its impslbe to be wid 2 peeps in 1 go like she duz..... imagine if tha otha findzz out.. shed be in shitz lol lol lol lol
Me: Brb
Person: Okayzzzz tell me wen ur backk..... i gta tell u loadzz mre

(2 hours later)

Person: u bak???????????
Me: (Ignores)
Person: k...... gess ur reeely bzy! neway i gta go..... tc cya
Me: (Throws party)

The above has happened to me more times than I can count. I have suddenly become this relationship/other crisis guru.. It's as though I've got all the answers, when in reality I'm struggling to find my own! I don't mind my actual friends doing it.. as I love being there for them. When random people come upto me, after a year and a bit and suddenly start talking like I know everything, it annoys me. Yes, I don't have much of a life at the moment, but just what if I was doing something important.. like picking my nose.

It's annoying when you suddenly talk to people after ages and they tell you about a problem they have but use "my friend" instead.. for example, "OH!! I was meant to ask you.. you know, one of my mates right.. well she has this horrible guy after her and, it's rather annoying since she has no idea what to do".. Now right there, that is my cue to leave. However, sometimes it's so hard for me to say "NO!" and move on.. instead, I BRB them! =D Much more effective.

If you have BRB'd by me, and I've never returned, chances are I was ignoring you! =D However, if you're one of my good friends, I've probably told you, that I have BRB'd you before if I have. And for those I haven't told - I'm afraid my friends list will go down from 5 to non-existant! Crap!

Oh the joy of three words.

The BRB-er.

No comments: